Tang with itch as predicted.

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by dskyers, Jun 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

So what do I do know. It alive and in a one gallon jug. That's all I have. What should I do its covered in. Little white dots. Will it make till morning in this thing?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

How big is the tang? In one gallon of water, it will likely die within a few hours from ammonia or lack of O2. What happened? Tank param?

If it were me, I'd put the tang back in the system. Ich is already in your main tank, there's no preventing that, but he'll stand a better chance of survival in the tank.

Get your tank params up ASAP, and we'll see what we can do.

4. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

I just looked over your build thread... when did you set this tank up? It looks to me like it's been up less then a week, which in that case your tank has not yet cycled. This will cause alot of stress to any fish, which will result in ich.

5. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

def put it back in.. with ich all i do is feed them alot...with garlic and vitamins in it.. i also have alot of different kinds of food just in case, so i can try all kinds of things getting it to eat..

most of the time if u can keep it eating then it will fight it..just kinda depends how bad it is and how good your params are...also making sure your temp isnt the problem

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Double yep...

And stocking too quickly.

The stress of being in the container will kill it faster than being in the tank where it might stand a chance. As stated the tank has the parasite it has the potential to spread regardless of whether you put the tang back.

Good Luck

7. dskyers

So im lolooking at the hi hat it has a lot of white spots too. The clowns dont look like it.

I put it back in tank. What should I do in the morning. As far ad testing water. Goes. With what I have
    My salt is at 1.023
    My nitrite. Is very light purple it had spiked two days ago and is now comein down. I would say 0.25 now
    My Ph I would say is at about 8.0 I would say.
    Here's a pic I don't.think its that bad. Should I do a five gallon change right now. Or buy five gallons of good water tommarow or.more at lfs and then do a change?

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. dskyers

This tank is almost two months old all fish are less then a inch and a.half big. There all small. Its swimming very slowly now I guess I scared the crap out of it. I have pellets, two different flakes and some frozen stuff. Water is at about 78 . Feels cold though I think.

10. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

If you nitrite has already spiked, then you might be close to completing the cycle. In a 120 gal system, doing a 5 gal WC won't help too much. I dont know if I would do much... I'll defer to others...

I will say this once, because I'm sure everyone that's reading this forum is thinking the same thing:

Patience is key in this hobby, patience to let the cycle complete before adding any livestock, patience to only add one or two fish at a time, waiting a week or two between adds to let the system adjust to the new bio-load. You must be patient and take things slower, or you will become very frustrated with this hobby.

11. dskyers

I have two filter on the tank now. A marine land 200 and a marine land 350 that I put on yesterday. It was eating the alge stuff on a clip until about two days ago.

12. dskyers

This fish is in my 30 until the 125 is ready for it. Its not in the 125..