Resolved Tang died durring copper treatment

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by link248, Apr 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. link248

link248 Ritteri Anemone

If you look on his fin on the side of him, you can see white spots on it. He has a few spots on his body.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Looks like it. Most of the time it will start on the fins.

4. Dr. Reefenstein

Dr. Reefenstein Fire Shrimp

yea.. looks like it.. I can also see a little on his body.. make sure you keep him well fed... Good luck.

5. link248

link248 Ritteri Anemone

So, what should I do?

6. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Put him in QT tank and treat him with copper? I have never had ich in any of my tanks, so i dont really know how to treat him. But i think you use some type of copper solution

7. link248

link248 Ritteri Anemone

any other opinions?

8. Click Here!

9. BigJim

BigJim Spaghetti Worm

A lot of people just feed food soaked in garlic and/or selcon. I think my Kole Tang showed signs of ich the first day I had him in the tank but I always soak my food in both garlic and selcon and I have seen no signs of it in months. I don't think you can completely rid your tank of it without quarantining all of your fish for a couple months and treating them while the display tank is empty. It's up to you and the time and resources you have available.

10. link248

link248 Ritteri Anemone

I took everything out of my 12 gallon nano, but a few pieces of rock. I put the tang in there and added copper to it. Poor tang doesn't look too good. I hope he'll pull through. My other fish in my DT seems fine. I check my fish everyday and today is the first time I saw the spots on the Tang. I just hope I caught it in time. Hopefully my other fish will still be ok.

11. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

your going to stress him to death in a 12G tank with ich...just keep him in the display and keep him eating garlic and vitamin soaked food....he should pull thru if he is eating...only QT as a LAST LAST LAST resort IMO

12. link248

link248 Ritteri Anemone

All day today he's been staying in one spot and not eating. I don't want to put him back in the DT and he get the other fish sick. I'd like to have it get better, but I would rather loose the tang, than to loose or risk everything in my DT. I could do a fresh water dip, if someone could tell me how.