Taking a Break

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Jan 31, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

So for my 10g I've gotten a lot of negative criticism; tank build was also closed, which im not surprised at because so many people think my ideas are bad and someone specific told me i was completely hopeless. So I'm gonna be off of 3reef for a while and just take a break and actually decide how I want to progress with my tank on my own, since when I bring up a suggestion or do something people have the courage to tell me that I screwed up and that I never learn. Just wanna focus on freshman year and my tank really. Hopefully my 29 gallon also gets repaired by that time. And yes I will be heeding everyone's advice on my 10 gallon and livestock. I'm thinking a goby/shrimp pair and one more other fish. Also I hope to get rid of my maroon clownfish and algae blenny soon. Anyway, till then, I'll see you guys later.

2. Click Here!

3. PetMother

PetMother Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Sad to see you go for a bit hun, but I hope your year goes well and your tank gets built :)

4. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

Get rid of everything and start back up with a 55g-90g tank.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Go enjoy life.

I have enjoyed your unique sense of humor ( muffin exchange) and you have grown as a hobbyist so much.

Good luck on what ever you decide to do and do not put much weight to internet negativity, in the long run it is just not that important.

Cheryl

6. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

see ya in a bit

but remeber a lot of us are big talkers. i have done some of the things that i ahve told people not to do, and i think most of us can say that

7. snooopidydoo

snooopidydoo Coral Banded Shrimp

Good luck bud.
    Hope to see ya again.

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Don't let everyone get you down, some can be quite grumpy if their advise is not followed. Take what you have learned and put it to good use. I will miss your muffin bids.

10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Thanks guys; really appreciate it
    Oh dont worry I'll bring some chocolate chip muffins... unless you want blueberry? lol either way im gonna use the advice everyone has given me and put it to good use. Anyway thanks for the help; hope to see you guys again soon :)

11. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

I hate to see anyone leave 3reef. Even tho I don't see eye to eye with you on a lot of things...I do think you were learning and growing a lot. I can notice a difference in your advice the more mature you get in this hobby....because you are learning....you don't respond well to constructive critisism, but thats your personality and I can respect that. And with maturity in this hobby and in life you will see that others werent trying to "harm" your ideas, but just trying to save you the heart-break and lost finances this hobby can bring (especially for a 14yr old full time student). I do hope that you continue to try and learn as much as you can about EVERYTHING. I agree to focus on your education, and soak up as much of it as you can while its free... Good-luck with everything, and Happy Reefing

1 person likes this.
  12. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

I am going to miss you on 3reef! As the others said, I really saw you grow on here and it sucks to see you leave. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.