T6 fluorescent bulbs?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Black_Raven, Jan 4, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Does any one know anything about T6 bulbs. I just purchased one for my quarentine tank. They are supposed to put out 30-50% more lumens then standard T8 and T12 bulbs. And they will fit in standard fluorescent fixtures. The one I purchased is 11,000K. I called a lighting company and they stated that they do infact put out more lumens. I purchased mine from www.thatfishplace.com for $16. I'll review it when it arrives. I'm sure they are only good for fish only systems.

2. Click Here!

3. The Salt Creep

The Salt Creep Astrea Snail

You can spread the lamp clips out a little and add the parabolic reflector for a T5 to the T6. They are comming out with a VHO version of that lamp that is really bright. I have a few of them laying about but none of the standard wattage ones.

4. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Creep are you saying you got the T-6VHO sitting around?

5. The Salt Creep

Yes, Couple of six footers and 1 or 2 fours

6. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Where did you get them what do you think of them vs. T-5s

7. The Salt Creep

Color looks nice but my T5's were 5 footers so I couldn't do an apples to apples comparison as far as output. I think the ultimate use for the VHO T6 would be to use them to replace the standard T12 lamps in a VHO system. These will slip right into any fixture accept the 46.5" and allow a parabolic reflector to be used.