T5HO bulb set up

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Poseidon27, Jan 2, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Poseidon27

Poseidon27 Flamingo Tongue

So it's about that time to replace my bulbs, right now I'm running two acintic, and two day lights both are Deep Blue professional brand, they are the bulbs that came with the light about a year ago. I'm looking to maybe get something a little more on the higher end I guess and I was thinking about using two ATI true actinic bulbs and then either two of the ATI coral plus or two of the KZ coral life gen 2 bulbs. My question is of those two which ones would you recommend?

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I suggest the ATI as they are usually cheaper. Quality is the about the same.

4. Poseidon27

Ok, yea there's like a $5 difference between the two. I was also thinking about maybe: 2 CP and then one True Acintic and one Purple plus?

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Too much red as the CP and Purple Plus use red spectrum. Use a Blue Plus in place of the Purple Plus is my suggestion.

6. Poseidon27

So 2 CPs, 1 BP, and 1 TA?

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Give that a shot. I will have a fair amount more PAR than your current set up so you will need to raise your fixture or acclimate the corals slowly to the new bulbs. Or maybe both.

8. Click Here!

9. link248

link248 Ritteri Anemone

I had tried 2 of the actinic and 2 of the coral plus. I didn't like it. It way to blue for me

10. Poseidon27

Ok, what I might foist just replace one bulb every few days till I have them all in there cause to raise that fixture would be a serious pain ha as would moving all my corals.

Ok, what set up are you running now?

11. Nuebie

Nuebie Peppermint Shrimp

Someone should start a thread showing their tank and just post under it what lamps they are using. No conversations just pics and lamp types so when people are thinking about new lamps they can see what people have and what it looks like... Just a thought

12. Poseidon27

I'd be down for that as well