t5 for pico?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by REEFerMADNESS88, Nov 12, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. REEFerMADNESS88

REEFerMADNESS88 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Hello all. I am currently running a 2.5 pico with a 50/50 wave point LED light. I want to change up some lighting and am kinda out if ideas for LEDs. for that size they seam to be either a little pricey (200 for an AI prime 150 for true lumen strip light kit, or just not enough light. I was curious to know what T5 options for picos. ive seen some pretty nifty little bulbs and fixtures around. any ideas on make/models?

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

You could retrofit a coralife 9" T5. Not sure on the actual capabilities of the light as far as coral keeping goes.

You could do a 150w MH and point a fan at it if you don't want LEDs.

4. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

LEDs imo would be the best. not enough heat to throw off the tank and no need to replace semi expensive bulbs every so often. I know coralife had a discontinued micro t5 fixture but I don't think you'd be able to find the bulbs easily. it was used as a fuge light but I've seen people use them on picos and they're not vho so I couldn't honestly tell you of they were good or not.

edit: here's the link to one

http://www.google.com/shopping/product/14162240249446460415

also might wanna check out nanotuners. I remember reading they had the stuff to retrofit a 12" t5 fixture but I think the components were a lil "ish" to say the least. they still sell the bulbs o think.

5. REEFerMADNESS88

6. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

par38s are good! I loved mine when I had it on a 10 gallon. just didn't get enough spresd

7. REEFerMADNESS88

yeah super nifty should be plenty for a 2.5