Switching Current Water Director (SCWD)

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Birchell, Feb 25, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Ive been reading alot about these thing, and have a few questions. Do they work good?? How fast do they switch on and off?? And do they work better on a closed system or a return?? Im really looking hard into running a closed system on my 100, but I dont want a crappy wave system!! Let me know the reviews on this thing,

Michael

2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

If you are going closed loop then use one of these Oceans Motions They are the chit!
    I have heard some bad things about SCWD's

4. tmgrash

tmgrash Astrea Snail

I have..

I have a scwd its been in use for about 2 months now in a closed loop system with a 1300gph pump. I has been working great, makes no noise hasnt clogged, and switches about every 6 seconds (depends on speed of pump).

For what its worth
    Travis

5. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

which one did you get??? For 225 bucks it better be good, lol. I was only hopping to spend 250 bucks for the whole set up :lol: , pump, pipe, ect...

6. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Thanks Travis!! Im hoping to get a mag 12 or mag 18, then run that throught the scwd. Then run dual outputs on both sides to the tank. Then when the sump gets going, ill run the returns in the back spraying off in opposite sides to give flow to the back of the rocks. Ill probably run a mag 7 for that.

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I got the Super Squirt 4 way because I was only running 2500 gph through it. the standard 4 way goes up to 7500 gph.
    I'm not skimmping when it comes to set up of this tank because I don't want to change something later because I pinched a few pennies now and then spend twice the money with parts left over...;D
    You should read some the of forums on OM websight and choose for yourself. Those SCWD may be OK but I have heard more bad then good. Do a search and see what you find out on the forum here.

8. Click Here!

9. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Thanks man. I mite just break down and get the mega squirt. Ill just get the wired, 1/3, 2/4 one. I dont want a tornado in there, lol. Thanks for the page, ive been trying to find it all day!!

10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I talked to Paul at OceanMotion and Tangster said the same thing," you want to make the water to a CW or CCW motion towards the OF box. They are a sweet piece of equipment. Check out the one McKenzie done on his 370 http://www.3reef.com/forums/show-off-your-fish-tanks/jasons-370g-tank-37242.html?highlight=jasons

11. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Check out the Wave2k!!
    Which ever mode of water movement you chose, it will benefit your livestock substantially! The more the better especially for many corals as long as it isn't blowing directly on them causing their polyps not to open up!
    Let us know Michael which wave maker you get!

12. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I had forgot all about the Wave2K, good one CR!;D