Switched to 29rect.from 20cube

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by apollo'sowner, Nov 19, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

Thought I might get more room by switching to a 29gl. Wish I had stayed in the 20cube, but what is done is done. I could go a 40 breeder and may by the time it is over. Just got to get it drilled and more lighting.

Here it is. I need a differetn camera. This one won't do MH too well no matter manuel of auto.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

It looks like you put a whole lot more in it.

4. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

I would personnaly go with a full cube, like the oceanic. I know you would be breaking the "nano-barrier" but its already been done by moving to the 29. I perfer cubes and 1/2 circles over anything alse as I find it easier for more creative rock layout and water flow design.

5. apollo'sowner

Yea. I screwed up. I have tons of aquariums in my garage of different sizes and grabbed a 20gl instead of a 29 and got it drilled and transfered reef into it and just found out today at the LRS when looking for a lightstrip. I am such a goofball. I can't believe I did that.
    I was wondering why I was having so much trouble getting everything in.
    Well, that's OK. I am going to go back to the 20 cube after I get it drilled. I liked it better, not too big and good depth. I will put some of the rock into the fuge to give more room.
    Oh, well. Not the first screw-up and won't be my last I'm sure.

6. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

happens to everyone......I bought a 180gal aquarium when i got my apt. last year......needles to say it didnt last after my first few utility bills came in......:p 21, working @ a fish store......no GF, what was I to do.....lol. I think everything will pan out.

7. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

You could get a 60g wide they are like 36x24x24 or something like that. You could make your own overflow with glass or acrylic, but put it on one of the ends or corner. put the end of the tank against the wall so its viewabloe by the 2 36" sides and 1 24". You could do some creative aquascaping that way.

8. Click Here!

9. apollo'sowner

Back in the 20 cube and everything fits perfect. Was able to get all the LR in (approx 35#) and it all fit great. I packed it in the back to sides, sloping to the front. I like this setup better than the last. I even have lots more room for more corals. Getting it drilled and doing away with the 1" DIY overflow made lots more room.
    Some of the yumas were pretty upset with being moved 2 times in a week and acted like they had had enough. many of them almost became attatched with foot extention, but this morning they seem to have settled and I didn't see any that had moved.
    Everything else did fine. Pics in a few days. Thanks all.