surgeonfish/tang tank size

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by bvb-etf-luva, May 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Um yea I would- and not even worry about it. Matter of fact, bah never mind.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

Okay, I didn't mean to start all this. But I will say this. How can SO many people put any tang in their tanks that have reef walls??? I've seen SO many large tanks, 100^ where there is more rock then water, yet just because the thank is "was" 100^ it's okay to put a tang in it. When you look from the side there's like 6 inches from the rocks to the front glass for all the fish! I see SO MANY TANKS LIKE THIS!!!

4. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Just cause the achilles name has the lovely "achilles" part to it, You assume its a delicate fish. When In all honesty ITs only delicate to those who mishandle it and don't know about the fish. As you have been ignoring by my last post.

Stop using it as a scapegoat for your game.

5. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Not my tanks. :)

gambit, just post what ya know and leave it be- you can't debate with such a person. I have tried, to no avail.

6. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Agreed, and I agree with you alpha03, along with saltyclown, that tank size is not the only factor. Swimming space and greens along with inhabitants will make the difference. Sure I would not house a Sohal in a 30 as I'm sure will be brought up but if the 90 was correctly suited for such a fish with the aforementioned guidlines, why not?

7. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

i am not using it as a scapegoat to my game, this is not a game. i know achilles are not hard to people with as much experience as you but many new aquarists may not know as much as you and in their hands one will perish. putting a sohal or a achilles tang in a 90 gallon full sized is no advisable.

8. Click Here!

9. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

i am not debating with gambits, i respect gambits as he has more knowledge of tangs than all of the people on this thread combined. it is just a friendly exchange of thoughts.

10. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

i understand these lists do not take any of that into consideration, however i meant for the lists to simply be a guideline to beginner aquarists. you guys dont have to follow them and i know some of you guys arent. it doesnt bother me i was not directing them towards you. also it does not take into account size of the tang or dimensions of the tank.