Suprise! Another tang with ich

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by TROYBOY84, May 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TROYBOY84

TROYBOY84 Feather Duster

Sorry i havent been contributing much had a rough couple of months at work and even spent a day in the er. Anyway my small hippo came down with ich, he/she my wife calls her a dory fish. so i will refer to her as dory. She is still eating and is happy as ever. Im not a fan of treating with meds or dipping as i think this stresses the fish more. I am using garlic and selcon, all my other fish are healthy, and yes i do have a cleaner shrimp who does clean dory. I actually dont know what to ask I guess im just posting because i am curious to see how everyone deals with disease/parasites. I hope to see it clear up on its own. Ah Ha, now my question. Has anyone ever had a fish with ich clear on its own?

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

If its eating it will be fine nothing to worry about I would offer it some raw Broccoli in a clip best thing I evef found to fed tangs and the very best to help with healing laterial line and to help ward it off also .

1 person likes this.
  4. TROYBOY84

TROYBOY84 Feather Duster

Broccoli? Really ok i will give it a try. just give it a rinse in some ro and stick it in there?

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Yup. Put it in an algae clip if you've got one :)

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

It may take it a few days to figure out that is food ? But it will stay in the water for a week with no problems at all it simply will not break down in to a mess once they figure out what it is they will tear it up everything I have in this tank eats it ..

7. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

Wow, never thought about Brocolli, Roger...i will have to give it a try...

8. Click Here!

9. Fujin

Fujin Feather Duster

I fed mine nori with garlic combined with a couple freshwater dips and my hippo came out of it. She has been strong and healthy since.

10. TROYBOY84

TROYBOY84 Feather Duster

Cool thanks for all the help