Superman Corals

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by geekdafied, Feb 17, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

This really chaps my toes!

Ever since the new movie version of superman came out, all these new "Superman" corals have appeared. Anything red and blue is now called "Superman" so they can charge more money for it. I saw blue spotted mushrooms on a website and they started calling them "superman" mushrooms. Its one thing to use photoshop or some other program to tweak the color of something you're trying to sell, which many online coral places do that, but to rename them just make more of a profit is ridiculous. If you see something that says "Superman" on it for a coral, keep looking for other sites or stores that sell the EXACT same thing but with the original name.

Im not even going to touch the new zoanthid and palythoa names....

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

LOL so true so true. It's a sweet looking monti regardless of it's name

4. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

:lol: yea I think every color of zoo's has a different name. Oh well if I like the coral and the price is right, I dont care what it is called as long as I can care for it. Good point Geekdafied!!

5. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

i could see were your coming from, but since before the new superman movie, the superman monti, purple superman shrooms, and orange superman shroom were common names, at least here in miami!

6. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

That wasn't directed at you Turbo.. But your post did remind me of it, lol.

7. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

LOL, i know it wasnt, no offense taken.
    But i have to agree with the names for the zoos!!!!

8. Click Here!

9. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    rofl. im a consumer who##... i bought a rock with 4 "superman" mushroom polyps for 20 bucks.

go figure...

10. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

As for the zoa's, check this out, I was at the MTRC frag swap and this vender was selling zoa's. I looked at his frag tank, and I saw all sorts of goodies, I asked how much, and they $20 each. They had all different kinds. I got their buisness card so I could inquire later if they turned out alright. From what I could see, they were greenish with some orange. When I got them home, they turned out to be Eagle Eyes, and the BEST specimen I have seen that wasn't photoshop'd. Heres the best part, that $20 I spent got me 60+ polyps. Here is a pic of them....
    [​IMG]

11. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

those are nice!! i was thinking of getting those, and some "eye of rah" zoos. the name brought me in, lol

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  12. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Oh and here is something funny, doesnt have to do with zoa's or superman stuff, but its funny so I'll add it too... I traded with a buddy of mine for some stuff and part of the deal was for some rhodactis (hairy mushrooms) one of them was 6"s around. There are 4 total on the rock. When I got to his house he had already had the lights off of the tank and they were closing up so I didnt get a good look at them. I know the guy pretty well, I trust him and his judgement, so no worries. I got home, dipped it, acclimated it to my tank, and "I'll be damned", they were not rhodactis. They were Ricordia Yumas! Purple and green yumas. I have never in my life heard of a yuma being 6"s, the biggest I have read was they get up to 5"s. Here is a pic of the big one, it looks washed out a little bit, thats cause of the flash, so the purple doesnt show up very well...
    [​IMG]