Superglue on rhizomes?

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by jaidexl, Jan 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jaidexl

jaidexl Astrea Snail

Cyanoacrylate gel is fine for corals so it should be ok in FW for anubias rhizomes etc, correct?

I'm done with cotton thread and pins, something sticky is preferred, I just want to be sure before I try it.

What about aquarium sealant or GE food grade silicone, will it hold form and stay tacky through the water column without breaking up and making a mess, and grab tightly once set?

2. Click Here!

3. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

the glue's ok. i've used it on a. Dallas, A. Nana, A. Conjensus w/o any problems.

4. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

i poked around the internet and googled "anubias rhizomes with super glue" as a search engine. from what i gather you can use it. one main difference with corals is the overgrowth that attaches them to the rock. the superglue is only there until that happens. i dont know what use it would be with your green plant.

5. jaidexl

jaidexl Astrea Snail

Thanks for the responses :)

Yeah, after a look around and a post on plantedtank, looks like a lot of people have done it with no issues. Good deal.

reef_guru, I think it will be ok, most of these plants send roots off the rhizome that attach to areas all around, one dab of glue should do the trick until they finally attach.