Super-glue gel the Best!

Discussion in 'Frags' started by apollo'sowner, Sep 19, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

I know there have been many posts about this...so one more won't hurt.
    I love the stuff. I get it at Dollar General, 2 tubes for $1. I have stuck lone zoos, shrooms, large pieces and even a fraged ricordia that has alomst closed-up in less than 3 days. SUPER STUFF, huh, super glue.

2. Click Here!

3. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

I just use the super glue from ace.
    5 for a dollar so after each session of fragging I just toss the remaining out.

4. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

I would not glue mushroom as sticking them to rock will make them immobile. There are methods to have them take to rock naturally.

5. apollo'sowner

I haven't had any problems and the LFS owner uses it when he frags. He said that the the shroom and also zoos will eventually loosen when they grow and can move if they want.
    I have stuck a few shrooms that loosened and blew free after a few days. I think their slime coating will seperate them in time.

6. Fish Fan

Fish Fan Fire Worm

I don't want to ask a stupid question, but do you remove the coral and or live rock from the water to glue it or does super glue gel work under water? I have heard about super glue but don't want to poison the water.:confused:

7. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

With zap gel, you can do it underwater but you have seconds to do what you gotta do before it dries. It starts drying the minute it touches water.

Ideally, you want to do it out of the water to glue it perfectly well. Putting it back in the water will dry it.

8. Click Here!

9. Fish Fan

Fish Fan Fire Worm

Thanks for the info rickzter I greatly apreciate it.

10. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

I used to glue some frags, but got so frustrated holding the little frags and never staying on in the first place. Now I just place them in little cracks in the rock or they just float and find themselves a home.

11. apollo'sowner

I have found that there are 2 super-glue gels. One is the regular gel and there is also a thick gel which works so much better. No run ans sticks faster. I place a dolop on frag above water, then place this against area I want frag to stick, work it back and forth a bit, hold for 20-30 seconds and it's there.

12. kb.bear

kb.bear Peppermint Shrimp

I have used the gel under and out of the water with great results with both