Sun Coral

Discussion in 'NPS Corals' started by nanonewby, Aug 28, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

I use plankton once a week and thats for my sponge. The only corals that I feed are my bubble coral, 4 brain corals, and my sun coral, and thats only once a week by target feeding. I use a half of cube of frozen shrimp. I feed my fish flakes every other day, and my corals will also catch some flakes.

I would cut back on the feedings. I think Matt has a tank with just coral. Maybe he'll post on how he feeds his.

2. Click Here!

3. nanonewby

nanonewby Astrea Snail

Thanks it sounds like I have been overzealous with feeding.

4. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I would not feed that marine snow more than once per week! You are adding lots of excess IMHO. Also, I wouldn't shut down the skimmer daily, it takes several hours for them to come back up to speed (sometimes 24 hours!) so you are minimizing the effect of your skimmer. Just me.....

5. nanonewby

nanonewby Astrea Snail

Thanks. I was worried about underfeeding. I think feeding the sc with a cup like suggested and marine snow once a week will help my nitrates . Thank you everyone 3 reef.

6. johnett

johnett Astrea Snail

I have a sun coral and it comes out alot I take a tupperware bowl put the tank water in it. Put the coral in it and clamp it the bowl on the side of the tank. I just tanke a plastic spoon and move the water around to make sure every single one gets some food. I don't cause nitrates problems and knock on wood I have not lost one yet and I have about 25 of them in a bunch and still making new ones.

7. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid