SUMP, SKIMMER, REFUGIUM COMBO

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by pavelow360, Feb 19, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pavelow360

pavelow360 Feather Duster

I bought a tank and stand that only has 22 1/2" length by 15 5/8" width space to work with. I want to put a skimmer and a refugium in the sump. I am having a hard time finding the equipment online. I am looking at the Aqueon proflex 34500 model 1 as it is the only one that I can find that will fit in the stand. I also like the bubble magnus curve 5 that advertises a 7.28 x 7.08 footprint. I am not set on what I am buying but if anyone can give me some info on a good sump that will house a skimmer and have room for a refugium with the space I have to work with, that would be great. Also, I am open to putting that refugium along side the tank if I can find one that I can just buy that drains out of the bottom into the sump. I want to stay away from having anything other than the overflow box hanging of the back of the tank if possible. Any help is appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Gdad

Gdad Plankton

Take a look at the new Eshopps Cube refugium. You can pair it with a Eshopps S-120 skimmer. It shloould fit your cabinet leaving additional room, and the skimmer is more than you would need for the tank. Dimensions are 14x14X14. You didn't say how tall the cabinet is, so check you skimmer height for the fit that gives you room to remove the skimmate cup without taking the skimmer out of the cabinet if possilbe.

4. pavelow360

pavelow360 Feather Duster

Well, I saw the Eshopps nano cube and entered the contest but I don't see it for sale anywhere.

5. Gdad

Gdad Plankton