Suggestions on my reef tank?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by aquariaman, Aug 3, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

Well its been a while 3reef!

So here's whats happened since I've been gone. My tank has kind of been in the back burner for the last 8 months and it got really ugly. I recently cleaned it all up, fixed the skimmer, and did about a 30% water change. (Much needed as I should say). So here is my question. I need a coral or invertebrate that is pretty (no kenya) and it can maybe fill up my tank. Im looking for like one or two species that could really thrive. (SPS not included) I have 2 fish right now Clarkii clown and Royal Grama. Im really not worried about fish, I just kind of want to have the reef feel. Im just throwing this out here but I thought a whole Condylactis anemone take would look pretty neat. All suggestions would be much appreciated.

70 gallon tank, been running for about 4 years.

2. Click Here!

3. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Zoas, rics, mushies, leathers, euphys (A torch, frogspawn, or hammer would be a great centerpiece)

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

A Condylactis might eat the fish you have. A BTA would be a better choice.

Xenia, GSP, many types of Corallimorphs. All easy, cheap and usually easy to find. If you want a low maintenance tank those would be my choices along with some Zoanthids.

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

BTA ate one of my fish Cheryl

6. aquariaman

Yes yes, I did think about the BTA but don't you think I could get the same "look" with something cheaper like the condylactis? I love how it flows in the water!

7. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

long tentacle play or torch looks very similar but 95% of the time BTAs are pretty mellow.

8. Click Here!

9. aquariaman

Hmmm, never ventured into the long tentacle before. How hard are they to keep and also how quickly to they grow? I would prefer a quick grower definitely.

10. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

my long Condy was amazing, "bullet proof" yes he did eat a couple of anthia's (but they had it coming LOL) i honestly excused all his bad behaviour becase he was just some wonderful to watch.

He grew very quickly, and almost took over half my 90 Cube, a calcium crash ultimately ended his life with me.

11. aquariaman

Yes, I am going back and forth between the Condy and Rose bubble. I had a condy before and he was great! Lets see, Condy is cheaper, Rose is prettier, both grow just as fast, eenie meenie miney mo.

I have seen a bunch of people having no problem expanding their rose bubble and thats why im leaning that way....