Success! Drilled my 40 Breeder! Now to the next step!

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by duoc9119, Jul 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. duoc9119

duoc9119 Coral Banded Shrimp

Finally got around to drill my 40 Breeder and it was a success! It is a 1 inch bulkhead with an external Durso. After I drilled it I went and tested the rate and got an average of 5 gallons every 36 seconds. Which got me about 500 gallons an hour (this is just with the elbow and tee, I didn't put the drilled cap on, I may not after the test run)

I'm sure that will drop to around 300 gph after the full length of plumbing to the sump. Still need to make a stand for the tank, which is going to have to wait until another day.

Next up I guess is to either get an overflow box ordered from the LFS (they can get me the same boxes they use for their tanks) or make my own. Also going to paint the back, probably after I get the overflow box so I can get the right color.

Then the stand will be built, then the sump, then get the return pump, then get an ATO setup, then get the skimmer, then the sand and dry rock, then stuff for the fuge, then finally the lights (probably 2 of the new maxspects?!), and THEN the livestock.

Gosh that is one long list of to-do's. Not going to be the fastest build because I am saving up for a laptop that can handle heavy graphic design work and games ::) Then I can start on that long to-do list. haha