Substrate?

Discussion in 'Sand' started by Guest, Aug 22, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Having a problem finding any southdown or any equals does anybody know where i could find some i"ve got silica sand in now but not happy with it any help is MUCH appriciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Welcome saltwaterlover!

Would help to know where you are from so as to better guide you to a retail place. If you want to order on-line you can find high quality Arogonite sand here:

http://www.purearagonite.com/

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry that would help. i'm from alabama birmingham but i have no saltwater retial stores around and need all my equpment thanx for your replay help is MUCH appriciated.

5. Craig Manoukian

Let us know how you make out and your sand. There are lots of on-line saltwater suppliers, so just let us know what you need.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Kool i appriciate the help i guess i'll have to order my sand. something else i'm a little sady on is i know i haved to have a two bulb light strip but what kind of bulbs do i need

7. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

what kind of tank are you goin with? if its fish only regular no lighting will do. if you go reef you can go with powercompacts, very hi output lighting or metal halides? depends on what you want. let us know

8. Click Here!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm going with a fish only first then when i master that i 'll move on so i don't need any special lighting for fish only?

10. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

with just fish only or fo with lr regular lighting will be ok. you can still go with some inverts like feather dusters, shrimp, crabs, snails with regular lighting also. when you decide to go with corals then you will have to upgrade

11. Craig Manoukian

I have 110 watts of PC lighting on my 20 gallon and am currently keeping LR, two Damsels, polyps, xenia, and a BTA. Everything is cookin' along just fine! The twenty is very shallow at only 12" tall.

In my 80 gallon reef tank I have 350 watts of 10,000k MH lighting and 80 watts of actinic.

Hope that helps give you an idea.