stocking

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by 1.0reef, May 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

bro your changing your mind more times in one day than i change channels on the tv. lol.

its gonna help us to help you, by narrowing down the types and breeds of fish you like.

its also gonna help to narrow down the size of your tank. I know your in the design stage but setting goals now will help to narrow down your budget & time goals.

2. Click Here!

3. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

it could range from a 30 to a 70 gallon. trying to make it as cheap as possible. I have some of the weekend and a few hours every weekday and when school ends my family and I are going to Yellow Stone and Montana!;D

4. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

Lol I just skimmed through the thread... I'm with khowst, I think you've changed your mine a dozen times on here.

Anyways, I'd recommend the longnose hawkfish. They're really cool little fish, I have one myself. He's actually my favorite little guy in the tank. He and my cleaner haven't had any problems.. The cleaner will follow him around pleading the hawk to let it clean him haha. Longnose are actually prettty active. They're not constant swimmers, as they don't have swim bladders, so they perch up from rock to rock or in branching sps. Tons of personality.

5. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

He doesn't like them, I suggested them before.

6. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

its rare for hawks to bother ornamental shrimp unless they are tiny like sexys, also i would just do the stocking list thepanfish suggested, and i would not do tomatoes, i think they are one of the ugliest of the clownfish and most aggressive. i would listen to these people they know what theyre saying and your just shooting them down

7. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

here is some stocking lists for various sized tanks ...
    30g-
    1 false perc
    1 lawnmower blenny
    1 four line wrasse OR 1 elongated dottyback
    40g-
    same as 30g + a hoeven"s wrasse
    50g-55g
    same as 40g + a shrimp goby

8. Click Here!

9. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Hoeven's or Melanarus wrasses get big, like 5 or 6 inches. And you need a deeper sand bed. Mine got 4 inches, and it was female. I'd say keep it for a 60+
    Plus they may annoy inverts.

10. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

The only inverts my wrasse ever both is the snails that fall off the rocks or glass & end up upside down. I cant fault the fish for being smarter than the snail. Its just nature.

11. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Mine was hilarious. It would se a hermit crab move, circle around, make it close, and repeat. LOL

12. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

what about a cherub angel or chalk bass? which one do you guys think is nicer?TIA!;D