Stingray...safe in reef or a big NO, NO????

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Otty, Apr 10, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

awesome! is that the 110 stock tank? how deep is the sand 12-15''? you never see plumbing going through the sand...that is cool....does that go directly to the built in drain for an external return pump? am i talking about a completely different tank?;D I have the rubbermaid 110 stock tanks, I think there are bigger ones too probably....

2. Click Here!

3. l400ex

l400ex Fire Worm

thay get way bigger than that i have a 300 for my cows and it makes a good pool or spa lol

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

That's a question that would be best answered by Tangster. That tank is in Richmond VA and he may have set it up. If he didn't, I'm sure that he still has all of the information about its setup :) I'll forward a link to this thread to him so he can chime in.

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I put 8 of those large rubber maid stock water tubs 250 Gal I think ? I have 6" of dry kitty litter on the base then capped that with about 10" or so of crushed oyster shell they all connect on a common 4" drain that runs the length of the room 50ft or so to the huge water tub that serves as the common sump and on the rack above the sump is another huge tub 500gal I thing ? and that i used to culture L/R and sand , Right across from this coral grow out set up I plumbed a 4,500 Gal display tank and last I heard from them there was that Ray ray the Rat was in that 4.500 gal system.

The 2" drain in the center is how I have all the 8 tubs pipped up that drain runs into the common 4" line to the sump. I had just set that system up when the ray had to go in he was a midnight rescue from a local Pubs shark tank ! The shark went nuts about 1:00 AM and the place was full customers where eating , drinking and playing pool then the shark attacked one of the 2 rays and he begin to eat it LOL Blood and ray guts everywhere , Men and I use the term loosely where throwing up chickenwings and sliders and such and hollering call 911 LOL and the women where screaming and crying LOL God I would have loved to have been there or a fly on them walls . I would have laughed my A$$ off

The place called the place this system is in and they went at 2:00am too save a ray LOL and remove a few ray scraps and then they took the shark out and got rid of it .. My buddy told them it was going to happen LOL .

But thats the story of how old Ray Ray came to be where he is now LOL

1 person likes this.
  6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: You're just too soft hearted for your own good :lol: