Stingray...safe in reef or a big NO, NO????

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Otty, Apr 10, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

i like the clam. try and see if it eats them nad if it does get it out!!!

2. Click Here!

3. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

actually, the guy i bought the ray from has many sting rays. 4 different kinds to be exact. he has kept them for over 20 years and is always very honest with me. he will not sell a customer something if they are not able to support it.

4. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

so thats why he sold you 13 fish for your 90 gallon, most of which get very large? just wondering.

1 person likes this.
  5. patrick824

most of which get very large? if by "most" you mean 4 out of 13, then yes, i do have some small fish in my tank that will eventually grow. the 4 damsels will stay relatively small, as well with the damsel, cardinal, algae blenny, and scooter blenny. as for the snowflake eel, he will be going back tomorrow. the ray is the only significantly large fish in my tank.

6. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

foxface, powder brown, snowflake eel, naso tang. ok so i guess only 4 but still. looks a bit overstocked dont ya think? and good idea with the snowflake.

7. jhawkor

jhawkor Millepora

If he has any type of shrimp or CuC they will be goners.

8. Click Here!

9. patrick824

true it is definitely maxed out IMO and im sure overstocked in others opinions. that is one reason im letting my snowflake eel go. i love him but he has doubled in size over the past month.

10. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

yeas sorry for my rudeness. and i loved my snowflake for the month i had him. he got to be huge very quickely. one of my favorites!!

11. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

i think i am replying to something on page 1 -

cortez rays are cool looking, I know a guy who has one, feeds live feeder shrimp in an indoor koi pond setting, think he has a bamboo shark too. I dont know about the 180 rule...180 is a big tank but if it were tall like a restaurant style 180 it wouldnt work...square foot of exposed sand rule would probably be better...but maybe that is what the standard 180 average is based on. anyway, now that i see the thread has gone on I will probably read, but after some typing I wanted to post. :)

12. patrick824

hey no problem i know you only meant good... :)