Steve's LED biocube 14 retrofit with PAR value.

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by hart24601, Jan 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hart24601

hart24601 Flamingo Tongue

Hey all, a while back I decided to remove my panorama pros and go with steves 99 kit. While the pros treated me well I wanted something with a bit more power and controllability. Ok I really just hadn't messed with the tank in a while and wanted to do something! Not a good photo but used PP to overlay PAR values. It's not the standard it, has more colors especially violets. The LEDs are listed in the picture. Yes, that is 3000 PAR 1" down on full blast...
    [​IMG]

Overall I am really happy with the kit. 99% kit was easy to install and works great. The fit and finish were much higher than what I could do!

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

your tank is beautiful!

4. hart24601

hart24601 Flamingo Tongue

Well thank you! It's not a very good pic of the tank, just tried to get some depth for the PP numbers. One cool thing you can only just see there is a montipora digitata is encrusting the back plastic wall and now it is sending arms out away from the back. It's kinda neat. I just noticed it "reaching" out the other day.