Stealth Heaters finally recalled

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by vtecintegra, Feb 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

So what is everyone getting in trade for thier stealth heater???

Just wondering because I plan on taking mine back....though I do keep the top out of the water but I still don't want it exploding in my tank or failing or....

2. Click Here!

3. mulder32

mulder32 Purple Spiny Lobster

I just got my replacement heater today--an Eheim Jager. Came highly rated, but it's a lot longer than my Stealth Pro (barely fits in my sump). Now I just have to send the other one back.

4. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I have 3 of these. I wonder if you need a receipt in order to exchange them?

Anyone got any answers yet? I did not get mine from pet smart, but if they don't require a receipt and they're the only company advising to bring it back, I may give it a try. I'm not scared, although never had issues with it, other than some weird temp swings I attributed to my lights coming on and off.

Keep us posted.

5. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Ok, just now saw people are getting replacements ? Or are they refunds and with that money you get a replacement? I'm not sure what options they have there, but I don't really like the glass ones...I broke two while moving stuff around. Too fragile for my taste/bruteness.

Any suggestions for a fair replacement?

6. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I had either option. I chose the cash, since I have other heaters.

7. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I'm not sure as to what to do here. I have 2 of the stealth ones and the thought of possibly cooking my tank hunts me. What other break resistant brands of heaters can 3refers recommend to me?
    I'll need to know which ones are good at keeping it stable too.

-Mag.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk.