Stealth Heaters finally recalled

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by vtecintegra, Feb 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. vtecintegra

vtecintegra Fire Worm

Just got this email from Pet Smart. Guess I'd bought one of the Stealths from there.

Dear Valued PetSmart Pet Parent,
    Marineland has issued a voluntary withdrawal of the Stealth PRO Submersible Heater (100, 200 and 250 watt). The product is being withdrawn due to a quality issue.
    If you have this product, please stop using it immediately and take the following steps:
    1. Unplug the heater from the wall to stop the flow of electricity
    2. Let the heater cool for 15 minutes
    3. Remove the heater from the tank
    Please bring the product to your closest PetSmart for a full refund or exchange. Replace the product with a comparable heater as soon as possible to maintain the temperature of your aquarium. A PetSmart store associate can help you select the right heater for your aquatic environment.
    If you have questions about this withdrawal, please call Marineland Customer Service at 800-526-0650 or 800-432-6986.
    At PetSmart, we are concerned pet parents, too. We will continue to do everything we can to help you and your pet during this time.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

Finally...All the stealth heaters I owned could never maintain proper temperature and were all faulty. I have heard horror stories where they exploded in peoples tanks flooding their house.

4. vtecintegra

vtecintegra Fire Worm

I had two shock me and one split. Too bad I threw them away. Could have got my money back I guess.

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Interesting. I wonder if this is only a Petsmart recall. The reason is they are still advertising the Stealth Pro on their web site and I've not seen anything regarding this until today.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Oddly mine works fine?

7. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

I just remembered that I have one of these still...YES ;D

8. Click Here!

9. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Finally! I've had at least 3 die on me, which is all of the ones I have owned. None have lasted more then 6 months. The last one died while I was on vacation and killed of some of my livestock as the temp was below 60 when I returned Lifetime warranty dosn't do much when you tank is below 60 and your livestocks dead :angry:

10. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

I don't think I bought it at petsmart but if I bring it in they will give me a refund? I don't need a receipt or anything?

11. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Mine maintaining the temp (but is 2 degrees lower than what it's set to do so at) but I still have the box.

12. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I hope so, I have a few Ill need to trade in.