"Stay-cations"- just say no

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by bbsbliss, Jul 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bbsbliss

bbsbliss Ritteri Anemone

Okay- this week off, had to use it or lose it. Spouse out of work, so no money for travel. Live in Michigan, the home to wonderful weather (not) in July. First day, 65 degrees, raining, I think fish tank needs some maintenance. I did a water change, cleaned all the various filters, skimmer cup, yada yada. Next day, weather still lousy. Thought, hmmm, maybe I'll rearrange the rocks a bit, clean up some algae, unused shells, scrape the glass, adjust the powerheads, that sort of thing. Generally made a mess of things, got a nice algae bloom going, parameters are all screwed up...arrrgghhh! I am NEVER staying home for a week again!!! Next time it's Mexico or Vegas or something- I can get in less trouble and have more fun. I can't wait for Monday...

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: Well, see, your first mistake was getting your hands wet.....I never stick my hands in the tank. That's my husband's job. You shoulda just done some laundry :lol:

4. bbsbliss

bbsbliss Ritteri Anemone

I haven't even started on what I did to the outside spigot, and then there was the picnic table and the Sawz-all...

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: oh dear :eek:

6. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I feel your pain! I probably would have half-started 50 different projects and not finished a single one of them....

7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Well, at least it was paid.

Many folks out there at best have been told to stay home for a day a week, or up to a week at a time with NO pay.

Or it could be even worse, trust me.