Starting A Frag Company

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Tropical_Supply, Jan 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tropical_Supply

Tropical_Supply 3reef Sponsor

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently in the process of starting a company that sells coral frags online. I'm joining these forums in hopes of meeting new people in the hobby as well as sharing and gaining knowledge from the group.

A little about me...

I purchased my first 12 gallon saltwater aquarium about five years ago and since then, I have expanded to a total of over 300 gallons worth of aquariums in my house. It all started when I went to a friend's house and saw a beautiful aquarium they had spent a fortune on for a company to come in and setup/maintain. I started looking online and found a low-cost saltwater setup that I went ahead and purchased. Long story short, I outgrew one tank after another and have constantly upgraded over the last several years with no end in sight!

Not long ago I started to realize that some of my corals were overrunning their tanks and rather than upgrading again, I decided to purchase a couple frag tanks and get a business license. I just finished building a custom frag tank setup (DIY posted on my website) and I'm currently in the process of setting up a website and getting the frag tanks cycled.

My goal here is to disseminate some of the knowledge I've learned over the course of several years and several tanks... learn new tricks that may help me out with the frag business... and obviously, try to meet new people who would be interested in purchasing coral frags!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Welcome to 3reef. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and starting a new source for corals.

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Welcome to 3reef! We are happy to have you here! Good luck with your new company!!

5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Contact the mods to be a sponsor ;)

good luck

1 person likes this.
  6. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

+1

Welcome to 3reef

7. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those of you joining us that are new to the hobby - the best piece of advice you'll get around here as a saltwater newbie is 3Reef's slogan
    "Go slow, let it grow."
    And for those experianced hobbyists joining us - it's still good advice :p
    good luck and post pics soon :)

8. Click Here!

9. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

10. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Welcome to the site and good luck with the company. If you ever need anyone to test any of your products, I'll be first in line :).

11. 4phish

4phish Montipora Digitata

Welcome! Do you have a website we could check out?

12. Tropical_Supply

Tropical_Supply 3reef Sponsor

I do, however it would seem that I need to become a sponsor on the site before giving that site out. Can I get back to you on that in a few days? :)

Right now I'm still in the process of setting everything up so there isn't anything for sale on the site yet. Just some DIY articles. Frags should be up for sale within a couple months.