Starting a cuttle tank

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by mirandacollc, May 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Nice! Where'd you get the amphipods? Self caught or did you buy them some how?

2. Click Here!

3. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I got them from my sump in my other tank. I am going fishing at the beach on monday with my son and we are going to go during low tide to make sure we have plenty of tide pools to get some good ones from. We fish every week at the ocean so I will make this a cool family thing if I can! My son can catch anything so hopefully we will fill a bucket for each week. I kid you not he can catch fish with his hands. I have never seen anything like it. Anyway that is how we did it for this time monday we will see whats going on.

For an update I cant get a pic because the two of them are hiding like nobodys buisness. I see them but as soon as I move something they jet out of there. Thank goodness that they are not inking!

1 person likes this.
  4. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Awesome with the pod catching :) We cleaned out our overflow box and the drain sponge a few days ago, and I put a stopper in the sink and just poured the gunk in there to try and catch amphipods. I caught about 10 in there just from our stupid overflow box goo. :lol: Sucked them right up with a turkey baster.

Good luck catching critters for your babies :) And that's awesome with the fishing. I wish I could go fishing in the ocean. But I've got nice freshwater here so I'm fine with the crappie and various bass and stuff I catch here :D

[​IMG]
    Baby cuddles!!! Oh wait...wrong cuddle...cuttle...

I'll let you supply the pics of the baby cuttles ;)

5. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

7. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

You see how small that thing is I am trying to focus through the water haha. I will get some more when I can.

8. Click Here!

9. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

what kind of camera are you using?

10. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Wow very cool. subscribed!

11. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

D80 with a macro lense. I have a couple slrs this one seemed the least blurry. I will try again when its dark and use a flash light. Its actually cool when I hit near them with light one gets mad and flaunts its colors quit a bit. there are 3 total and I have not seen one eat but I notice dead pods on the bottom of the net. its day 5 so they must want foor. I have tried putting some mysis shrim in it but they leave it alone. My thoughts are that they are eating the pods and im not able to catch it. These things are cool

12. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

How they holding up?