Resolved Starfish in new live rock!?!?!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by IrishRugby34, Dec 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

i took all my brittles back to the LFS...they are carnivores and would eat any invert i put in the tank (coral banded, peppermints, cleaner shrimp all included) Serpent stars are the only ones allowed in my reef now.

2. Click Here!

3. IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34 Astrea Snail

Well I guess I will fish him out of there and take him back tomorrow...maybe I will get some store credit for giving him back...One can only hope...

4. IrishRugby34

Thanks for who ever marked this resolved I was just about to post asking it to be marked that...Thanks :)

5. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Store credit for something you didn't pay for? I doubt it. I would just flush it instead of them making more money off it LOL. Actually maybe they will give you back the money for how much weight he added to the LR - like $.01.

6. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Eh, your never know, Always worth a shot to call and see what you could get for it if you brought it in

7. IrishRugby34

Well I dont want him to die and I want to set up a nano for my office (Building it for the reception area, so all expenses paid by the company) so maybe I will just transfer him to that after I get that squared away.

8. Click Here!

9. ddaasshh

ddaasshh Spaghetti Worm

im jealous of the starfish its nice.

10. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

Ive had my large brittle star for over a year and I have loads of over a 100 snails, a coral banded, 2 emeralds, purple reef lobster and probably other random stuff. I havent lost a single one due to the starfish so I dont know where your gettin that from. It does a great job of gettin into crevices and comes out at night and when I feed to catch bits of foods. I thinks its cool to watch and would keep it if I were you. If you do plan on gettin rid of it. I Live in Lombard by 53 and roosevelt and I'll gladly take it from you. I can give you some chaeto or some frag for it if you want.

11. dreiling

dreiling Fire Shrimp

good deal, he should be reef safe

12. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

nice hitch hiker! i have yet to get a hitch hiker in my "live rock". might try some from another LFS or something