Stacking rocks stress you out?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, May 24, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Stacking rocks stress you out?

1. Hell yes.

61.8%
  2. Not really.

23.5%
  3. I enjoy it.

14.7%
  1. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Oh man, gotta love that one. But dont forget also... when you lift a certain rock to move it and it has all kind of creatures hanging around it and they're hanging for dear life, they scatter scared, I love that one too.

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

O man, i love that...i really love it when your moving a rock and its somones home...and they fight back.

4. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Ive ripped my tanks in and out so much i cant even remember how many times ive done it. Same reason as all of you, dont like the look, a new coral has needs that i cant give without moving stuff around or just cause i felt like it. My problem is i try to do that without taking the rocks out.

So my favorite is when i pile up some rocks to make some space and the last one i put on top (wobble wobble) comes crumbeling down and crashing on the tank glass.

Marc.

5. Urban_s

Urban_s Sea Dragon

I moved mine around and had it looking sweet then my ungodly huge(i mean this thing is big) scarlet decided to that he would sit on top of it. And sitting their watching a scary movie with the girly and all the sudden out the the corner of my eye I see something big moving towards me. Never thought a fish tank would scare me

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Lol...we have all fallen to the little tough guys in the tank.

7. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

It makes me crazed. I can never get them to stack the way I want and am always worried about them falling and trashing my corals. Especially on my bigger tanks. I've tried epoxy, zip ties etc. to no avail. I'm too lazy to build a PVC rack and really don't want to see it, but I'm getting close.

8. Click Here!

9. asilefx

asilefx Skunk Shrimp

I just got mine the way I want it.
    Now I'm moving. I get to do it all over again, except this time there is coral attatched. Fun Fun Fun.

I'm going to assign each rock a letter and make a chart. I'm going to try to put them back the way they are now.

10. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

after moving my tank twice i have realized rocks are stubborn. they are completely happy until you move one. then you say sorry and try to put it back and all hell breaks loose. corals are falling, anemones are stinging and the fish barely come out to see if all is well. instead they hide in the rocks and you end up with a six lined wrasse holding up in a rock that is no longer in water(SHIZER!!!) but they all make it back and everyone is happy once food hits the water. i will be moving again this summer, i too am going to attempt to label and take pics of rock arrangement. i know it wont be the same but i will make the attempt. let the games begin!

11. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I hate playing DOMINOES! When one rock falls down they all fall down and so do my corals, and all the kings men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again ladidaaaaaa! It gets me so &^*&*^%#!!_) when that happens Huricane in the reef !!!!!!!From now on I don't stack them too high and less is better with regards to live rock. I'd rather have a deep sand bed!!! I thought it was only me that had the rock slides in my tanks! Don't wish it upon anyone or any coral, invert or fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

I like it!

My rocks form a graceful arch, from right to left. My former anemone undermined the linchpin rock in the arch. In the process of trying to prevent an avalanche, I fatally injured the anemone, and the rocks collapsed anyway!
    Nonetheless, I don't mind stacking the rocks, and find it a pleasant challenge to get them just the way I have it in my mind's eye.