Squamosa under PC / VHO

Discussion in 'Clams' started by iLLwiLL, Sep 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

I picked up a nice little squamosa at a newly found LFS a few days ago and I have a few questions. I read they like to be in the rockwork, is this true? I placed mine half way up in my tank on a shelf where it looked great, but of course the clam wouldnt have any of that. It kept moving itself and eventually fell down to the sand bed 3 seperate times. Needless to say its in the sand right now.

I figured with only having 320 watts of VHO and around 400 watts of PC over my 125 i would have to keep this clam at least half way up in the tank for it to get enough light. At the LFS he was under halides on the sand.

Is this just the clam getting adjusted to my tank? should I let him hang out in the sand for a few days then try to put it back in the rockwork? Do I have enough light to leave him in the sand and keep him happy?

Thanks.

~Will.

2. Click Here!

3. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

To appease the picture police . . .

[​IMG]

This was when i first added him into the tank, I made a much larger place for the clam to sit and grow . . . if I could just get him to stay put.

~Will.

4. tkeck

tkeck Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

You have plenty of light for this little baby. Just let him adjust for a few days. You should have a happy squamosa on your hands if you have patience.