SPS and softies growth.

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Magnett2, Jun 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnett2

Magnett2 Coral Banded Shrimp

I have tons of birdsnest and some acros mostly. I also have some zoas, Xenia, gsp, and others. I notice my Sps grows pretty much everyday, which I assume is good. But some of my softies (Xenia and gsp) dont even grow as fast as the Sps. Is this normal?

2. Click Here!

3. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

Does seem a little backwards doesn't it.. Maybe your water quality is better equip for sps, I've heard xenia and things of the sort really grow FAST in dirtier water.

4. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I have had the same thing happen in my tank GSP wither and die zoas barely spread and pulsing Xenia didn't spread for a while then took off but my water change and cleaning slacked off so maybe that is why.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

5. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

There really aren't tough and easy corals. There may be some corals that are prone to disease and others that aren't so much. However, otherwise, there are just corals that are well suited to a given environment and others that are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Magnett2

Magnett2 Coral Banded Shrimp

Yeah, I suppose that's true. All of the zoas are going though. And oh no, a tiny bit of gsp is growing on the scape and not on the island that it's on. One of these days I'll have to remove it. Does anyone know if blue snowflake polyps are damaging like gsp is?