Spot's Adventures

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by SkyFire, Feb 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Here's a pic of Spot swimming upstream in his bubbles.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

awww spot is just so cute, its nice to see GSP dont see to many that are in good health like ours

4. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Thank you so much.

I have really tried to make it pretty and interesting for me and the fish.

5. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

I really didn't see any at the LFSs so I don't have much to compare on but yeah we sure got lucky so it seems. Me especially...getting one that'll hand feed is so cool...my dad had some sort of big n pretty fish that was freshwater that would eat from his hands was neat to see...but it's mouth was big I'd worry a bit about that one.

6. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Spot's Exhonerated

Well I blamed poor Spot for eating 1 of my Bumblebee Gobies....but he finally turned up late at night. Weird that he'd hide all day....he's usually going up and down the glass all day....which is why I'm calling him Ray:sunny: and the female is Sunshine :sunny:.

She looks a little thinner maybe he was just guarding eggs...who knows...plus the big rock in the center has a lot of nooks & crannies to hide in, especially if you're less than an inch long.

7. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Before & After Pics

Here are the before and after shots together so you can see the difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

oh wow thats a major difference

10. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Yup sure is. The original stuff is what came with the tank, which was free so can't beat that.

Now that Spot is more comfortable with the new substrate he's leaving little divots where he sleeps at night. Does Puff do that?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  11. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Well I evicted the meanest fish in the tank...meanie head Red. I traded him in for store credit @ the LFS and got a little Clown fish for my SW Nano tank.

One fish down to changing to a more brackish set up for spot and the gobies.

I've gotta get some mangroves for the tank and will add some to my full SW tanks as well. I've also decided the tank really needs a power head too just not sure the size I should get ...maybe a K1 because I don't want to blow the poor little bumblebee gobies around and I'm not sure how much Spot would appreciate a drastic increase in flow.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  12. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Bye Bye Brackish water hello Marine!

I got rid of all the fish that can't handle full salinity and took the tank to full Marine. Spot is much happier now and I was able to get a snail that he cant eat and won't even go near since it's the size of a golf ball. ;D

He eyed it and steered clear of the monstrosity...hehehe.

So this is the last post for the tank unless I decide to turn it back into a FW tank when I get my 110 up and running which will incorporate the fish in the now SW 40 gallon tank.

Spot is now sharing the tank with 25 of 33 SW born young Mollies.