I have a 38 gallon tank with stand, heater and an old but working Aqua Clear HOB filter, got it for free so I'm not complaining. The filter however was minus the bottom part of it's siphon tube so I found some tubing and used it the problem is of course that it was open at the bottom. My tank is weakly brackish and is stocked with; 1 Dragon/Violet Goby (7" long inc. tail) [named Draco] 1 Rainbow Shark (4.5) [Red] 1 Rosey Barb (2") [Barbara, Barb for short...lol] 1 Green Spotted Puffer (2.5") [Spot] 2 Black Skirt Tetras (2" & 3") [Diablo, is mean, & Angel] 2 Bumblebee Gobies (.75") [the Bees, undecided on names] 3 Sunburst Platies (2.5" each) [unnamed] Out of these guys I was most worried about the little bumblebees because they are less than 1 inch long. Well I woke up this morning to find Spot missing. So I took the flashlight and looked behind the tank to be sure he hadn't jumped.....no Spot. Then I noticed that my HOB filter wasn't making the gurgling noise it usually does. Lucky for me the tubing is that smoky translucent stuff....I look in the siphon tube and what do I see...Spot's spots...I quickly pull the siphon tube off the filter and out goes the water and spot into the tank. The poor thing had black patches around his mouth and his belly was gray with black near where his spots/color start. He swam to and rested on the top of a fake root thing, recovering from his ordeal, but when I brought the camera out he decided he'd rested enough (he hates the camera). He then started his search for food so I fed the tank and dropped in some bloodworms for Spot and Draco. Spot ate and seems to be not so worse for the wear. The siphon tube now has netting over it so no more accidents can happen. What is most surprising is that Spot's fat lil' self could even fit in the 5/8" siphon tube. I had just changed out the ugly blue & white fake rock that came with the tank to a nice & pretty sand and had also just added that HOB filter, was just running the 1 from my 10 gallon on it for the last few months I've had the tank. Spot had been doing fine all day as had the Bees so I wasn't so worried for them overnight....BOY WAS I WRONG! Here's a pic of the new aquascaping. As you can see the netting is now over the siphon tube...will do something more aesthetically pleasing later. Oh and the little hills and valleys of sand you see in the corners, sides and back of the tank are all Draco's doing. Grrrrrrr... you can see in the right hand corner how he's half buried my plant. Oh well he's cute in an so ugly is cute sort of way...LOL.