spinning clownfish

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by solomon, Jan 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. solomon

solomon Astrea Snail

Hi i have 2 clownfish 1 is a little bigger then the other. the smaller clowfish started spinning like crazy and goes on and on nonstop. please check out the video and tell me what u think it is and if its ok.

Spinning Clown Fish - YouTube

2. Click Here!

3. Thor

Thor Coral Banded Shrimp

Jeez, I dunno! I've seen my clown in the past do some crazy stuff when she got ich, but that was more along the lines of "itching" on a rock. Never seen one do that in mid-water. I will be curious to see if anyone else has seen this behavior.

4. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

Do you dose vodka? lol jk. That is odd. Is he eating well? Any other little quirks? Sometimes clownfish are very strange and comical, it could be nothing. Maybe someone else will have some more experience on this.

5. solomon

solomon Astrea Snail

this is going on now for a few days in the beginning he ate only when food past him by but now he stopped eating.

6. Thor

Thor Coral Banded Shrimp

Uh oh, that is not a good sign. I would try enticing him to eat by using Garlic (if you haven't already). I'd also try soaking the food in Selcon to give him some healthy vitamins 'n stuff. That may help him fight off anything.

Also, since he has stopped eating, you may want to post a thread to the ASAP forum to see if anyone else can help. Wish I could offer more, but good luck!

7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

At first I just thought he was doing the native bone dance. But after watching it definitely appears sick. His fins are cloudy and ragged at the edge.Could be a number of diseases but it seems to be affecting its swim bladder.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/disease/swimbladder.php

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  8. Click Here!

9. solomon

solomon Astrea Snail

Thanks. Im thinking of putting him in my qt but my problem is that i don't know how and with what to treat him that's the sad part??!!

10. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

Would it be possible he is having a seizure? I have no idea how you could tell if that was the case but its almost as if he is seizing and being blown around by the currents in the tank?

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I doubt this is it, but do you have a grounding rod?

12. solomon

solomon Astrea Snail

no i don't