Spin Stream may find nano fans

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Innovative Marine's new Spin Stream looks to be a nice random return option for those with small nano tanks. The Slip Stream runs off of return pumps up to 600 GPH and comes with adapters for 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" pipe. It is small enough to throw in a cup of vinegar when the inevitable cleaning is needed and only cost $30. Available now. More details below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CATCH THE WAVE
    Instantly create turbulent currents that mimic natural ocean tides with the “Must Have” accessory for the NuvoAquarium. Watch as your corals naturally sway back and forth as nature intended. The SPINSTREAM effortlessly exhausts random 40 degree circular wave patterns to enhance oxygen levels, coral expansion, and nutrient import/export.

Features:
    • Creates random 40°circular wave patterns
    • Requires no additional electricity
    • Improves oxygen levels
    • Improves coral expansion & growth
    • Helps remove waste from corals
    • Fits ALL NuvoAquariums w/o adaptors
    • Compatible w/most : All in One Tanks, Power heads, & canister filters
    • Intended for use with flow rates between (52 – 600) gallons per hour
    • Included: ½", 5/8", and ¾" "Cut to Fit" rubber adaptors

[​IMG]

See in video here:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/3reef-radar/innovative-marines-nuvo-nano-16-video-123505.html

Innovative Marine Web site:
    Innovative Marine

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. kenhobden

kenhobden Astrea Snail

very nice! I was in the market for something like this, that is until I decided I will eventually be upgrading my nano to a 55 gal atleast

4. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

Any of our sponsors sell IM? This looks like a well thought out and novel idea. I wonder if it cuts down flow a little since it obviously uses the flow to spin itself.

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

6. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

$60 for 2 for tanks like my JBJ28. Hmmm......I may just have to give these a whirl (pun intended).

With static return nozzles, I use them solely to create flow on the upper 1/4 of my tank which is really only good for gas exchange. This leaves my 2 Koralia Nano 425's with the sole duty of circulating the lower 3/4 which is a lot to ask if you're keeping more than LPS. A non-static flow from my return pumps would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. It could create flow lower than 1/4 AND still aid in gas exchange allowing the lower placement of power heads which not only takes care of the lower 1/2 but also allows them to focus on keeping detritus/cyano to a minimum (if you have that type of problem).

If I jump on this, I'll be sure to do a thorough write up/evaluation.

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Cool. Let me know if you do. :2thumbsup

8. Click Here!

9. adicus

adicus Aiptasia Anemone

Have them on my Nuvo Mini 38

I have a pair of them installed on my Nuvo Mini 38. Tank is just started, so I can't speak to how they interact with corals and fish. But I can attest to their ability to create a smooth motion in the water, and improve oxygen exchange on the surface. I used the Caribsea dry aragonite Flaming Reef Sand which is a larger grain sand, and there is no blowing effect in the sand. The two units appear more of a random sweep rather than a synchronized motion - which is good. The water flow through them is at a different rate which creates this effect.

Easy to install and use.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks for the feedback Jim. Much appreciated. FYI - the link in your sig to your build thread is broken. PM me when fixed so I can check it out.

matt

11. adicus

adicus Aiptasia Anemone

In service work as advertised

Matt - Just a follow up. I've had them in service now for almost six weeks, and they really do the job:). I have two of them running at ~238 GPH. The flow is through a single 467 GPH pump which is split to them. Interesting is that they rotate in opposite directions - One on left rotates clockwise and one on right rotates counter-clockwise. I have one pointed deeper into the water for a good stir, and the other one set normal for a great oxygen exchange at the water surface.

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sounds ideal. THanks for the update. Do the instructions mention any way to clean them when needed?

matt