Spaghetti like growth - Solved, Not a worm

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by SkyFire, Mar 6, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

ahh that looks harmless, just odd can't find anything that looks like it, almost think its animal since its not in light! hmmm again

2. Click Here!

3. HeiHei29er

HeiHei29er Gigas Clam

I'm seeing tips at the ends. Could it be some long tentacled, low light nem? Or some long tentacled, NPS coral?

4. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

5. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

It is rather weird and ugly but the spaghetti stuff looks immobile, I do have an even better pic of it, taken on my Nikon D7000) I'll try and post it tomorrow so you all can really have nightmares...LOL

6. Jake

Jake Sea Dragon

7. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

In person I don't see any ends, it's as if it's one long noodle.

8. Click Here!

9. diverdan

Do you have any kids? Maybe someone dropped a spaghetti noodle in the tank and it made its way under the rock, got colonized by mutant bacteria and their using at as their lair till they can communicate with other bacteria in all reef tanks around the world and then control us with their telepathic powers. Has anyone said you've been acting differently the past few weeks? If not then their powers aren't strong enough yet. Everyone should look under their rock for signs of mutant spaghetti colony lairs. Their real, they've talked to me. Lol
    I still have nothing. Been searching. I hope someone can come up with something. So far my theory is the best I've heard.

10. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Well, for the last 3 weeks I have been doing the Insanity workout and eating a very low carb diet sans legumes and grains ,save for rice......I say for looks of it the spaghetti stuff could be the tendrils of a worm except that they seem to be anchored to the rock and don't move nor do I see where any of it ends. It's also rubbery feeling not texture so much as flexibility wise

11. diverdan

Sounds like their trying to make you stronger. They must have something big planned.

Do you think that you can leave the rock on its side overnight so you can monitor it, see if it moves, shifts, changes position. With what you described I am at a total loss. I cannot find anything that even remotely resembles what you have. I'll keep searching.
    It definitely is something non photosynthetic. I just can't figure it out.

12. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

It's working. I could barely do 3 pushups in a minute before starting and as of last week (week 3) I did 14 on the fit test.
    Good idea to turn the rock and see what happens....I forgot that that rock is new but it was dry rock.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013