Spa-Flex solvent

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by szidls, Jul 25, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. szidls

szidls Feather Duster

Hey does anyone know what solvent you use with spa-flex pvc tubing? I have been using oatley rain-r-shine for all my rigid plumbing. I cant get a straight answer at lowes or home depot.
    Thanks, Scott 8)

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

The brand I used wasn't Oatley, but I can't seem to remember at this hour what it is. I know the Christy's brnad Red Hot Blue Glue will work for spa flex hose. You should be able to pick it up at Orchards Supply or most Ace hardwares. The only difference between the two that I've seen is color. Red Hot Blue Glue is blue and the other one I used is clear. I have a bottle at work, when I make it in, I grab it for you.

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

BTW, both Lowes and HD don't carry the glue that is specifically for spa flex hose, so you'll never get a straight answer from them (unless you find a real smart one). I've used normal PVC glue and had some joints pull out that weren't strapped. For normal non-pressure or low pressure uses, it should be fine. Some of my joints are 8 years old and counting.

5. szidls

szidls Feather Duster

Thanks Gresham,
    I have e-mailed IPS Weld-on to see what they recommend. They show about 6 or so that say they are compatible with spa flex. Hoping they can narrow it down for me. The pipe will be comming directly off my Sequence closed loop pump so I want to make sure of a good joint.
    Scott 8)