son of a gun err Pistol - Total impulse buy today.

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Steve34, Jul 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

So far so good five sexy shrimps and no casualties.

2. Click Here!

3. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

The pistol who I still don't see but know is there by virtue of the holes all over my tank (can't think of anything else that could move that much sand)

has devised a clever way of concealing his cave. it is built directly under a mushroom so when the mushroom is completely expanded it covers his main entrance/exit

little turd.

4. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

ok, I lost the YWG, sad but gotta move on.

Ok, pistol has his front door just to the rigth middle of my tank. he has it nicely decorated with rocks and shells and even seems to have a front door (unless he just had one stuck at the opening) and about a two inch mound of sand next to it where he has dug out his underground abode.

In any event he seems to have taken on a roommate, a rather large bristle worm.

is this common? Anything to worry about? Can the worm hurt the pistol during a molt?

5. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Hrmm rather strange roommate...I woulda thought he'd eaten it honestly...and only a 2in mound...it'll get bigger..and move probably lol. How big is his "house" now?

Sorry about the Goby...how did you lose it?
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

6. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

2 inches in additional depth from the sandbed, looks like a good cup of sand total.

I really can't get a good estimate on his floor plan because it goes under several different rocks.

I don't know how big the worm is when it is bunched up but stretched out it was sizable.

7. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

My impulse buy is still doing well...

Just out surveying its world, shy little thing that it is lol

Attached Files: