son of a gun err Pistol - Total impulse buy today.

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Steve34, Jul 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Rulu25

Rulu25 Spaghetti Worm

They can be really loud. Sometimes I get up at night to make sure everything is alright...

2. Click Here!

3. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Mt pistol was fairly large...like2.5 inches. Best way I have described it was the sound of a hammer against the glass and I could hear it from my bedroom when the tank is in the living room...over my air conditioner...with my door closed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

I seem to have a phoenix rising here.

No visual sighting but I do see little mounds of sand being pushed out from underneath my rocks and I have nothing else that could do it other than the missing pistol!

12 days without a trace of him until now.

5. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Have you heard the cracking of his "pistol" at all? That's the best way I knew he was still there. If I didn't hear em for a day or two I'd get worried and look for em. It was always a pain trying to get behind the aquarium to look behind the rocks. Do you have hermits or anything in there too?

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Congrats! Gotta admit a bit jealous of anyone with a pair that gets along. I tried introducing the shrimp and then the gobies. I'm 3 gobies down but still the owner of a now fat and healthy shrimp.

7. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

honestly I've never heard anything from him that I recognized. It is in a difficult place to see but the dirt shoving was the best indicator I've been given as nothing else can do that.

I do have hermits, an emerald, cucumber and a tuxedo urchin, snails and two clowns. Any conflict you can see?

that's horrible and kind of interesting at the same time. That shrimp is eating like a king.

8. Click Here!

9. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Not really I know majority of the time my pistol was making noise was when hermits would get close to em. He was very defensive lol. He'd stun em drag em into his burrow then you'd see the hermit slowly walk out like 5 min later lol.

10. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

I'm glad it decided to make an appearance of sorts because I was about to go purchase its replacement.

that being said I've still not seen the Goby

11. ZepQuarium

ZepQuarium Spaghetti Worm

12. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Nice post and very informative. I wish I would have bought money together as they never really paired. My pistol did kill a cleaner in about a weeks time too and he also liked pellets too lol.