Something's Gone Awry

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by ReefSparky, Sep 4, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

  1. unclejed

    unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2008
    Messages:
    2,964
    Location:
    Clinton Township, Michigan
    Do you dose iodine? If not, get a test kit and see where your iodine level is, do the same for Strontium/Molybdenum.
     
  2. Click Here!

  3. ReefSparky

    ReefSparky Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2007
    Messages:
    3,675
    Location:
    South Florida
    I've finished cutting out the two baffles from the wet/dry--essentially converting it to a mechanical filtering sump.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    The bulkhead I purchased requires a 1 1/2" hole, and my largest hole saw is just that; so unfortunately I'll have to get a larger hole saw to accomodate the bulkhead in the morning.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    All the new sand is in the 90. The 55 is still running with yet another much older wet/dry that I'm using simply as a sump for the time being.

    Here's the Little Giant pump. It's a mini-beast.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]


    I might give the 90 a week with the new pump and sump, and move the GSP over next weekend and see if it closes immediately and stays closed for 2 days again. If it does, in the famous words of George Costanza, "I got nuthin'."
     
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  4. ReefSparky

    ReefSparky Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2007
    Messages:
    3,675
    Location:
    South Florida
    Call me the optimist, but "Something's Gone Awry" just doesn't seem to fit anymore.

    I'll be moving the progress of the most recent endeavor to a new thread.

    Let's call it, Lessons Learned.