Something different

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by map95003, May 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. map95003

map95003 Bubble Tip Anemone

We're looking to purchase a new (6yr old) home. However the subdivision has a shared detention basin/pond on the property we're interested in. The builder is currently responsibility for the maintenance, however once the other lots are sold, the residents of the subdivision "the association" will be responsible for regular maintenance on the Detention basin.

Questions:
    1) Should we purchase this home the detention basin will be on our property, other than the eye sore, what are some of the other things I should be concerned about before purchasing the property? I'm also concerned about resale value due to the detention pond.

2) The home's basement has a sump-pump pit, but no sump-pump installed. There are drain lines connected to the pit that gravity drain the water to the detention basin in the side-yard. The water line in the pit is just about 6" below the surface of the basement floor....I'm concerned that the water table is too high which migh result in fundation structural issues down the road. Should I be worried about this?

Note: No signs of basement floods in the home.

I know it's not reef related....but I would really appreciate your input if you have any experience with any of this.

Thanks for your help.