Someone selling LED system already.

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Av8Bluewater, Sep 14, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

i love LED's

4. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I think the LED's are working well enough, just too expensive at the moment.

I read the CL link, I didn't get that the seller was dissatisfied with them.
    Right now, due to the economy, and unemployment rate being high, I know several guys locally that are taking down established systems, and selling them off. it is easy to cut expenses if you don't have a reef tank, aka money pit.

The other thing I know is that PFO got sued for making the Solaris, and I think that PFO lost big time and went out of business. The solaris had a nice warranty IIRC. If PFO is OOB, then the warranty might be gone. That might be another reason to sell the fixture.

5. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

I'm guessing this is it as well, PFO definitely went OOB, although I don't believe they ever even made it to court. There are some people out there trying to find ways to service these units themselves but I think you need to be pretty handy in order to do so since there's definitely no manufacturer support for them right now.

Here's some more info if anyone's interested, check out the related articles as well.
    Orbital Technologies LED Aquarium Patent Crippling PFO and Aquarium Industry | glassbox-design.com