Some questions about frags

Discussion in 'Frags' started by SwimsWithFish, Dec 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

1. Can I use the small dry rock rubble pieces pictured bellow instead of frag plugs?[​IMG]

2. Can I just use a razor to cut shrooms and zoas?

3. What kind of glue do I use to glue down corals on the rubble?

Thanks in advance.:D

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

You might want to just google what a fragging kit looks like it may give some ideas as to the specific tools and needs.

1 person likes this.
  4. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

5. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Yes u can use rock rubble for frags. Do not glue shrooms. Instead use a shallow dish filled with rubble and place the shrooms within-they'll attach themselves to 1 or several pieces. Then once attached you can glue the rubble with shroom onto a larger rock piece.
    Zoas a little tricky. You can glue them but the utmost care needs to be taken so that NO glue comes into contact with the zoa polyp.

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

i've used a body wash loofa thing from walmart! 99 cents and then cut it up into pieces! I put the frag on a rock or plug wrap a bit of the mesh around and rubberband it down loosely! wait a week or so to attach and done! I've only done this with shrooms and xenia, doubt it would work with zoas! maybe though!