Some Pics of BAYMAC 2011

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Matt Rogers, May 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Looks excellent to me Matt

did you meet up with any 3 reefers there?

Steve

2. Click Here!

3. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

Is it just me or do the Kessil seem more for plant growth. It appears to be one those types of websites. I have seen people float around the plant LEDs before and were shot down saying they were all in the wrong range for corals. Is there something different about these?

4. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Was Ecotech there? If so, any new products to report of?

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ecotech was not there Mike. I think their coral glue is the latest from them.

6. Tadpole1mill

Tadpole1mill Purple Spiny Lobster

The company mainly sells higherend plant lighting, they engineered lights specifically for aquarium use in maintaining mixed reefs. If you go back to their website or check their facebook page they have dedicated pages providing info and spectographs of the reef lighting they offer. currently only one is for sale, but they told me more color temps were in the pipeline.

I've done alot of research on the company as a whole so far they seem to be widely respected in the plant lighting market. This is admittedly their first products specifically for reefs so its a toss up on build quality etc. since i have no first hand experience ( yet :) ) but they seem pretty legit I'd send them an email if your intrested in their lights, they provided me with a TON of information, data on their lights, graphs, etc. etc. they are more then open to potential customers with specific questions (and trust me i grilled them :p )

1 person likes this.
  7. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

OMG that dimmable ATI fixture just made my mouth drool. :drool:
    Wishing my ATI was dimmable the thing nearly burns my corals without careful placement. 8)

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

How much will that ati light cost? Any word on a release date? Or when next shipment will be?

10. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

Thank you for the in depth reply. I appreciate the information, I will do some more research into their site. I think I didn't do enough digging, I only saw comments about the plant growth. I will be sure to shoot them a few questions if they seem to be a viable option.

11. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Ggrrrr! I've heard rumors from the inside that there is something new coming shortly, but I can't get them to give it up yet...

With how off the wall their glue was, I can't even guess what could be next.

Crossing my fingers for a pico to end all picos!!!

12. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

keep trying, it'll never happen. They are very tighted lipped. You're hear something is coming, but that's it (and you know my contacts ;) )

Ecotech has never done a BAYMAC given the date it falls on. It's either in conflict with Interzoo or it's in conflict with Aquarama. Both are shows they HAVE to be at, as do any major players. Both shows are the largest in the world.