Some Pics of BAYMAC 2011

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Matt Rogers, May 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

It was a sunny day in Hayward, CA yesterday for BAYMAC and I was excited to go to this fun local aquarium event. Running late, I was threading highway 880 traffic, counting down the minutes until Tony Vargas was scheduled to speak on big reef tanks from around the world. 12 minutes and several miles to go, I hit the gas. I did not want to miss this! Fortunately, I did not and thus began a great day at a great show. Here are some pics of BAYMAC 2011. More to follow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The BAYMAC raffle had great prizes. I loved this tank.

[​IMG]
    Frags were going out the door fast. This is what was left of the 3rd or 4th tank full that 3reef Sponsor Reef Empire had. They sold all of these too and went home empty. I thought I was watching a cattle auction in Texas.

[​IMG]
    BAYMAC had great crowds.

[​IMG]
    Critter ID booth! I was wishing I could have caught and brought this crazy ribbon like creature that was whipping around my tank the other night.

[​IMG]
    Reef Nutrition had the goodies including a new dry food. (more later)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Big man Tony Vargas gave a great talk on big tanks around the world. I will have a whole thread on this later this week.

[​IMG]
    Mr. Reef Empire Nate and I!

[​IMG]
    The impressive new Kessil 36W multi-chip LED spotlight. (more later this week). I loved that lamp.

[​IMG]
    The new ATI dimmable T5 Sunpower fixture. This was a great light - note one cord on this thing - it was beautiful, great features too - out in a month. (more later this week).

Big thanks to Gresham and all the people from Bay Area Reefers (BAR) that made BAYMAC happen this year. I had a great time. Just wished I tried that taco truck out. Oh well, next year.

matt

2. Click Here!

3. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

very nice!I got there early with my dad ... did you see me? i was a kid around 4 feet 9 inches tall and was naming tons of the frags lol ;D

4. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

it was very fun the people selling the buy 3 get one free was awesome my dad bought me a purple and green favia, a purplish green and blue sps, a green polyp toad stool leather(for free), really bright orange zoas, and this bright green polyp and brown orange sps!

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Looks like a whole lot of fun. That LED fixture is blinding. I would have been all over the critter ID Booth. And I would have done a bad thing to my finances with all those beautiful corals.

Was your critter an epitok bristle worm?

6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I bet it would have ben a lot of fun to go there.

I like the Kessil Grow light for just $214. :)

Kessil LED Grow Light Magenta - Greners.com

I remember seeing that light when it was first introduced on the Reef Builders blog...very cool little light.

7. Tadpole1mill

Tadpole1mill Purple Spiny Lobster

DYING to get a hold of a kessil lamp. I've contacted them about distribution here in the east coast but they aparently didn't expect all the intrested in their lamps and are trying to keep up with the demand i'm told. Eitherway i can't wait to here more about it and hopefully get my hands on one soon.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Umm yeah, he got me good. :)

I thought it might have been a worm - but it was really moving. Hard to get a good look. If I get a good pic of it, I'll start a thread on it.

It was!

Yep. :) That is where they got their start.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

They are sold out. Next batch in June.

11. rlman41299

rlman41299 Skunk Shrimp

we took home the kessil led light and the acan led light. :)

12. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Great thread Matt. Can what for Tony's book