Some great product shout outs.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by lionfish77, Jun 11, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lionfish77

lionfish77 Flamingo Tongue

First we start with my
    Reef breeders 120 watt LED lights
    I own two of these, one on each side of my 90 gallon tank. I can't describe the color and beauty these lights bring out in my corals and it's a shame that my camera can't handle the lights when only the blue led's are on because it's unlike anything else. These don't get hot at all making them so safe. Totally worth the money+the money I'll save with electricity bills. No words to describe these lights but maybe beyond amazing. The dim-able feature allows me to control these high power lights letting me get into both soft corals and hard. These lights will let my tank prosper with all coral and life and I give my recommendation to anyone looking for led lights.

Next up we have my
    Aquaripure denitrator
    a fair amount of people have much hate towards these filters but I don't this filter has brought my nitrates from 40s to 5 ppms. With no damaging side affects and I do not believe that this filter replaces water changes, I believe this filter lets me move on to more greater coral growth, happier fish life and a better balanced tank. I've had my torch and just purchased another hard coral both going strong and I give thanks to this filter and my lights. My protein skimmer broke and didn't even need to deal with it and now I just have the pump free floating in my tank for extra water flow in the refugium.

I also have an amazing auto water top off system I designed if anyone is interested in that or my filter just message me.wrote this to help promote these two amazing products and try to help these companies make more purchases. Post the products you want to show your appreciation of, what to stay away from and what affects it's had on your tank.
    Read the next part if your bored or just want a story it doesn't promote a product but i had to share.

I do have to add my very negative product in here. And by negative I mean if you had to deal with it you would've wanted to kill yourself or maybe it would've done it for you. I had a mag drive with 1200 GPH to be used as my main pump during switch over between my 45 and this current tank this pump was used to pump water from buckets into the tank and died about 5 gallons from the tank being full. I had to cram all my fish, coral and sea urchin into my sump with a heater and two little power heads. I got a replacement pump next day same 1200 mag drive got it going. And things went well till one night I put my hand into my sump to do some maintenance and felt my arm tense up go numb and I pulled my hand out of the water to have the worse pain my upper arm and hand for the next couple of days. With in those couple of days the pump died leaving the water milky white and extremely hot and i assumed that the pump over heated. Later I picked up a multi-meter and put the pump alone in a buck of water and tested the water and found a fun coursing 115v in the water; happy my hand never went into the bucket I'm now running a sicce, still scared to put my hand in my sump.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. Dyonopses1

Dyonopses1 Skunk Shrimp

+1 on the Aquaripure

I'd like to add the SC Aquariums 303 Skimmer. Really a great value on this product.