Solatube goes big with new SkyVault Series

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 21, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Solatube has gone big with their new SkyVault Series skylights - these big tubes are 29 inches in diameter! That is at least double the size of the ones I saw in person a couple years back at Reef-a-Palooza. Couple one of those with the new SkyVault Series amplifier and a diffuser and you are channeling some serious sunlight down. Can you imagine one of those over a big rimless cube aquarium? I can. More below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some smaller Solatubes over a nice reef aquarium

Solatube SkyVault Series

The SkyVault Series is a groundbreaking line of tubular daylighting devices designed specifically for large volume spaces with high, open ceilings like airports, convention centers, lobbies, warehouses, manufacturing facilities, and retail centers. The core of the new SkyVault Series is the Solatube M74 DS Daylighting System. It captures natural light at the roof level, and transfers it indoors using Spectralight Infinity Tubing, the world’s most reflective material. The base unit provides a 29 in. (74 cm) opening to the sky, allowing more light to enter an area for higher daytime illuminance and / or greater spacing between units with fewer roof penetrations. The SkyVault Series gives building designers a Solatube daylighting solution that delivers maximum output while minimizing impact on the building envelope and significantly reducing installation costs.

SkyVault Series Amplifier

The Solatube M74 DS Amplifier significantly improves the delivery of daylight in high bay and high ceiling applications. Featuring 36 highly reflective facets made of proprietary Spectralight® Infinity material, the cone-shaped amplifier:

• Reorients daylight to the visual task plane in occupied areas

• Converts daylight at inefficient angles into useable light for increased optical efficiency of diffuser technologies

More pics and details:
    SkyVault | Solatube

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Pretty nifty for large tanks. However, I'm still awaiting a response from my inquiry about their products from 2 years ago.

4. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Holy Snikies.... Those have certainly been improved. That would be awesome.

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sorry to hear that. Did you call them?