Sohal Tang?

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Beautemps, Mar 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Beautemps

Beautemps Bristle Worm

Hi,

Can I put a Sohal tang in my Aquarium? I have already mostly Tangs (HYT, Powder Blue tang, Blue tang, Sailfin tang, Scopas tang) and two Carpenter wrasses.

It’s a 120gal/7 months old aquarium.

I read that the Sohal tang is very aggressive, but it would be the last fish to go inside and all the others have been there since a few months now.

Thank you.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Xiztence

Xiztence Gigas Clam

Wow :eek: That is a nice tank man K+

4. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

I suppose you could, but the Sohal gets far to large for a 120g. And well Its from the same family as the Powder Blue. So there will be alot of fighting since the PBT is established... You probably shouldnt put one in the tank though.

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Sure, if you only want one tang. LOL It will kill all of the rest. You need at least a 250 IMO if you want to have any other tangs with a sohal.

6. johnc101

johnc101 Feather Duster

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! what a beautiful tank. Mine is in the process of getting all the pieces together and mybe in a year or so I can have something looking like that. Kudos!!!!

7. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Beautemps....Your tank is beautiful!!!! I still remember the day your wife went crazy and bought a bunch of corals when it was new.....Looks like they all survived!!!!

8. Click Here!

9. Beautemps

Beautemps Bristle Worm

Thanks Robman, yes almost all survived. Lost a few due to fight and wrong positioning.

So I guess I will avoid the Sohal tang.. :(

10. bama

bama Humpback Whale

Holy cow! that tank is amazing.. it looks like you got 5 of everything from the LFS

11. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

If you got a juvenile and added it last, there's obviously a possibility it could work. It's been my experience as they get bigger, it doesn't matter when you added one.....they still get very territorial and aggressive.