soft corals

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by lo68bo6, Oct 16, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lo68bo6

lo68bo6 Plankton

Want to add some softies to my tank.Have a 75 gal with 80 lbs of LR and have 300 watts of pc lighting. Any suggestions guys.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Mushrooms (low to mid) , leather corals (mid to top of tank), zoos or some kind of button polyps (mid to top) are the usual starters.

4. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

same! and they are easier to keep but also very pretty.

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Softies also love a DSB. How is your tank set up? You can edit your profile and add your tank info to your signature. TIA.

6. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

7. Om_Seeker

Om_Seeker Astrea Snail

Hi Reiple,

Cool tank pictures! I noticed you're in the Philippines. I'm in Hong Kong. Do you ever visit here?

On another post you mentioned most of the fish caught in the Phil. are captured from cyanide use. Where do you get your fish? I suspect most of the fish available in Hong Kong are mostly cyanide caught. Are you going to get your softies from a LFS or from visiting the beach?

Thanks,
    Greg

8. Click Here!

9. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

Hi Om_seeker!

I just might be in HK by next year. Tentative plans yet. Maybe Feb or March.

I'd say 90% fishes here are cyanide caught. I get from two stores only for fishes. Bio-Research which has an 40% chance of being cyanide caught and Under the Sea which has an 20% chance. Another store I forgot the name sells 100% diver caught. Problem is it is priced up to 10X the other stores. Others in the popular Cartimar area sells 100% cyanide caught.

I can get softies from beaches and I just might. One of my staff caught octopis and softies to give to me (I didn;t ask him to. I mean what am I to do with octopi? feed to Faith?) but because of ignorance in transporting it (36 hrs from their island to the city) 100% died. Too bad....

The problem with me diving and getting corals and inverts ? ---- ok I am afraid of deep water. <sigh>

Keep cool. Hey maybe you tour me around HK next year? Last time I was there was.....OMG! 18 years ago!

Paul