so whats up with T2 lighting??

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by wfb2270, Mar 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wiigelec

wiigelec Fire Shrimp

Fluorescent lamps do not use filaments. I am sure your comment was in jest, but for informational purposes:

HowStuffWorks "How Fluorescent Lamps Work"

The number after the T indicates how many 1/8" in diameter the lamp is. A T8 is 1", a T5 is 5/8", so a T2 would be 2/8" or 1/4" in diameter.

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I think these will be the future. The advantages they offer over T5's is about the same as that offered by T5's over T8's. More efficient bulbs that can pack into a smaller space. The only problem is they may enter the race right alongside LED's. It should be interesting to see what our lighting looks like a couple years from now.

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

nothing to do with your post..it's your avatar;D I almost fell out of my chair! Been a long time since I've seen the buckin horse! I was born and raised in Laramie..got married while attending UW. My wife said give South Dakota a try. That was twenty years ago..still have my old plates screwed to the wall above my workbench.:cry:

5. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

6. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

shipping those would be risky... whats next t1's? then t1/2s?

7. Trigger334

Trigger334 Plankton

Hi there, I know I'm a little late on this tread, I just wanted to let you know that the T-2 lights are not 3-4 feet long. They are 21 inches or 17 inches. If the fixture is purchased, the bulb comes with the fixture and there is no worry about breakage. When you do need to replace the lamp, it simply comes in and out. Shipping of the lamp is not hard, I have done it many of times with no breaks. I have personally seen else lamps in action and they give beautiful color and you can get good plant growth. It's a nice cheaper option. There are some replacement cost, but unless you are going to LEDs, you will have that with any lamp.

Here is another great review:
    T2 Subminiature Aquarium Lights; Review, Planted, Reef, Fish | Aquarium Article Digest

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013